Economic Development in Carbon County began in the 1950’s with the establishment of the Bureau of Economic Development. Since inception, there have been two staff members, the Director, and an Administrative Assistant. The primary functions of the Department (Bureau) have been providing access to financing, participation in the State Business Retention and Expansion Program, and providing business consulting services through regional partners.
There is no one-size fits all approach to economic development. Successful organizations realize that identifying community assets and then creating programs to grow these is the key.
Read more: About Carbon County Economic Development Corporation